Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Write Motivation

There’s a great program that kicks off at the start of the month (today) called #writemotivation  that’s designed to help writers organize their goals, and to be held accountable when they don’t accomplish said goals. It seems like a good idea, and I’m not tackling my fiction with as much gusto as I’d like, so I figured I’d take part and see how things work out.  

My most pressing issue is DWARFED. I love this story, I believe in this story, yet I can’t seem to get it to the point where I’m happy with it. This month I want to wrap up my line edits. Okay, technically I would really like to wrap it up by the end of this week but short of some bizarre time freeze, I just don’t see that happening. So I’m shooting to have it done and to beta readers *hint* by the end of May, and start querying in June. I know I should break that into more manageable chunks, but since I suspect several scenes need heavy rewriting and a few more will need to be added, I’m not going to bother.

I started writing Foolish Beauty all the way back in November for NANOWRIMO, and ended up with 50,000 words of bizarreness. I’m still not sure what to do with this story. I want to spend this month writing at least 1 page a day and also do some extensive research. At least I now know its set during 1628 so I can streamline the research.

I also plan to continue to participate in #FridayFictioneers and #SixSunday

On top of that I’m looking to pick up some additional freelancing work  so May looks like it’s going to be very, very busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment