Sunday, December 14, 2014

#WeWriWa Decemeber 28 Snippet

So, are you ready for the New Year to begin? Yeah, me neither. Still I suppose it's inevitable.

This is the last week I'll be posting from my holiday themed historical rural romance novella, Snowflakes & Beeswax . While the story isn't without it's flaws, all my fault, I'm pretty proud of it. I hope that you enjoyed reading my snippets as much as I enjoyed writing them.

After reading this week's snippet, I urge you to check out the official WeWriWa list and visit the authors who chose to participate this week. You won't believe how diverse the options are.

AUTHOR'S NOTE-There is a scene break between the 1st and 2nd sentence.


            “It will be,” Madelyn promised, “once we’ve dressed it up with greens and candles.”




          She was right.

         The thought circled round Madelyn’s mind as she lay in the blankets they’d piled in front of the hearth and watched the Yule log burn.

        Her home had never looked more beautiful.

        Pink, orange, red, and purple streaks colored the sky as the sun slid closer to the horizon. The smell of the greens she’d used to decorate the house filled the air, adding an extra layer of festivity to the place.

             The Yule Candle, decorated with bits of dried herbs and images of honey bees and wrapped in a bright red ribbon glowed on the mantel.  Hellebore and Hawthorne dressed up the rest of the fireplace.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment