Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Day 1 of Camp NaNoWriMo-What I'm writing


Camp NanoWrimo started today and I’m planning on participating. I’ve been looking forward to this month because an idea for a story has been niggling at me. The last time that happened was when I was starting to think about DWARFED. 
The difference between this as yet untitled and DWARFED is that other than the basic ideas and a couple mental images of what the main characters look like, I really don’t know much about this story. I’m writing by the seat of my pants and looking forward to seeing what adventures lay ahead. The lack of plot simply means endless possibilities.
The inspiration behind this story is a couple of different bits of micro-fiction I wrote earlier this month. One about an abandonedbuilding we explored during a trip to Indiana. The other about a bird that makes daily pilgrimage to a cemetery
I’m also planning on borrowing heavily from Elton John’s Levon while writing. I don't understand the exact meaning behind some of the lyrics, but I love the song's simple beauty.



No comments:

Post a Comment