This weeks photo prompt was taken by the very talented Stacey Plowright. Isn't it pretty.
Cara pressed her nose against the window pane, not even noticing the cold as she stared up at the sky. Several layers of clouds hung there, like a layer cake made of stone. Anna, her sister, shot her a look.
“Will we,” Anna whispered.
“I hope so.”
“When will we know?”
Cara shrugged. “I dunno, couple hours maybe.”
Anna bit her lip. “I’ve got a math test tomorrow.”
Cara bounced up and down in delight. “That’s it!”
Anna stared at her, puzzled.
“If you study for the test and I actually do my homework, we’re bound to have a snow day tomorrow.”
For those of you who might be new to the whole Friday Fictioneers thing, this is how it works.
1. Madison Woods provides a photo prompt.
2. Using the prompt, a group of writers each produces a 100(ish) word story and posts it on their blog.
3. A blog hop kicks off, with writers commenting on each other's contribution.
4. It starts all over again the following week!
5. Links to this week's stories can be found right here. You should check them out.