Saturday, February 7, 2015

WeWriWa Febuary 7th-Rendezvous with Destiny


It's time for the Weekend Writing Warrior blog hop, which provides you with an excellent opportunity to read snippets from some extremely talented writers.

My snippet comes from my WWII rural historical romance novella, Rendezvous with Destiny.


        Startled by the force of her reaction, Rosika leaned against Theo’s truck and drew in one deep breath after another and waited for the sensation to pass.
        Theo caught her eye.
       “We still need to talk,” he mouthed.
         Rosika feigned ignorance and straightened. 
        “Felicia, always a pleasure to see you,” her sweet tone almost masked the underlying sarcasm.       
        “Theo’s looking forward to having a good time tonight. I’m sure I can trust you to make sure his wish is fulfilled.”
          A wide smile spread across Felicia’s face, “I’ll do my best,” 



23 comments:

  1. Cat fight coming soon? :-) Lots of tension in this one, Jess. :-) I'm glad to see you back at it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh-oh, Rosika seems mad! (cool name, by the way) I love how snippy she is. Great eight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tension and a sense of passion between the two. More, I want more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why do I have the feeling she's not buying what he's selling? Lots of tension in this scene. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great underlying tension with a dash of sarcasm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sarcasm. Great snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snippy women are always amusing. And in this segment, it makes the reader wonder what's going to happen to her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it. When I read through this snippet prior to posting it, I realized just how much Rosika resembles me. Luckily, I'm a little better than Rosika about curbing my thoughts before they burst out of my mouth ... at least some of them time.

      Delete
  8. I felt the sarcasm, and I hope good vibes will spread on these women.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like Rosika's presence of mind in this trying situation. Another excellent excerpt and I really felt as if I was there, listening.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this round goes to Rosika!

    Nicely done. I especially like Felicia's smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh oh. trouble is brewing and she is not pleased

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sure she will do her best.😉

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tension filled scene! Love the sarcasm! :)

    ReplyDelete