Sunday, May 26, 2013

My Weekly #WeWriWa #8Sunday Post 5/26/13

Time for another Weekend Writing Warriors and Snippet Sunday post. This is the second bunch of sentences from my Georgian/Regency era Christmas story, Snowflakes & Beeswax. All comments appreciated, and have a fantastic and safe holiday weekend. Don't forget to take a moment to honor those who've given everything to defend this country. Best wishes.



Oliver laughed. Although his shabby appearance and heavy drinking had caused several people to question the Queen’s wisdom, nothing shook her faith in Billy. He was the best freight driver in England. No matter how bad a situation became, Billy kept a level head.
Queen Charlotte refused to trust anyone but the very best with today’s task.
Sebastian secured his own horse and brushed past Oliver.
“Preparing for the Christmas celebration takes all of my time,” Sebastian grumbled as he studied` their surroundings. “I’ve explained this to the Queen, yet she sends me here year after year. Why? ”

24 comments:

  1. Nice snippet. I have a bit of background here about the characters and their personalities. I'm intrigued to know why Sebastian is sent there year after year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Billy sounds like a good man and appearances are always deceiving. Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Sebastian, he seems to hate the place and she keeps sending him there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo so what's this about? You've got a nice aura of mystery here even without a spooky setting. Lovely job on this one, Jess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am definitely intrigued by your snippet. You have introduced an interesting triangle which should drama to the situation.

    One point which I hope you'll find useful: "Sebastian grumbled as he studied` their surroundings." - this sentence has an unnecessary apostrophe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very curious. I want to read on and find out why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it's caught your attention. I'm kind of proud of this fluffy little story.

      Delete
  7. Where does she send him every year? I would like to know why as well. Interesting eight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Queen probably knows what she's doing in sending him for that task every year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with Sebastian---Why? I guess I will have to come back next time to find out more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see a lot of possibilities here. Nice 8.

    ReplyDelete
  11. If the Queen only uses the best for this task, Sebastian should be flattered, not grumbling! Nice character note. Great 8.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Year after year...why? Hmmm... That answer has to be good. ;-) Great 8, Jess! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Intrigued with everyone else and can't wait for the revelation of "why" - excellent excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like Billy there.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well obviously she sends Sebastian year after year for the same reason she chose Billy: she will only trust the best with this task.

    Great eight, Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Definitely leaves me curious for more! Great 8! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great characters. Where are they?

    ReplyDelete
  18. The queen and Billy have a trusted relationship. Sebastian should find a way of learning from the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm guessing he's good at his job! Loved it, fast and telling!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You got to go with who you trust right? I like that you made the person she trusts a bit unconventional.
    History Sleuth's Milk Carton Murders

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing Article, Incredible writing style. i really liked the way you represent the content.
    Miami jeep

    ReplyDelete